I've finished The Kite Runner, and it was really good. The whole thing was really good. Actually, once I finished the second part assigned to us, I literally could not put the book down. I finished it last Sunday.
Toward the end of the book, back in America, when Sohrab would not speak one word, I expected the very last line of the book to be him speaking. As we all now know, that was too optimistic. He never spoke, although is is implied at the end that he is beginning to warm up to Amir. Speaking of the end of The Kite Runner, I found it really touching. Amir and Sohrab were having fun together, but more importantly, Amir showed his love for Sohrab in the only way he ever knew: flying kites. Throughout the book, Amir put such a great emphasis on flying kites that his flying kites with Sohrab at the end of the novel means much more than one would initially think.
I enjoyed reading about Amir rescuing Sohrab from the wreck called Afghanistan. I thought Hosseini could have developed his attempt to leave Islamabad a little more. What happened with Raymond Andrews? How did they get Sohrab to America when andrews said they could not? I realize that this isn't the most important part of the book, but it bothered me a little.
I really like the book. It was a great read; I couldn't put it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.