Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Plot Twist: THEY ARE BROTHERS.

Ok, ok, to be honest, it really was not much of a shock to me to find out Hassan and Amir are brothers. I mean Hosseini was hinting at this all along. Baba always had a secret pride for Hassan and mentioned how Amir doesn't have courage like Hassan does. This aside, I was very happy and saddened at the same time to hear this news. Why didn't Baba ever mention it to Amir? Hassan was treated so so so poorly in comparison to Amir, and was over all a better person. Hassan was always kind and forgiving, and Amir was very mean and rude.

I was glad to see the shift in Amir's personality once the book progressed into present day. After the story Rahim Khan told there was a fuse within himself that Rahim Khan had sparked. Amir was finally taking action. Baba would have finally have been proud (not just proud for Amir's success but for his courage!). I think this realization in Amir is represented by the phrase "it's never too late." He is married now and a successful novelists but has still never corrected his past. This is his chance. I cannot wait to see how the end of this book pans out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.