Sunday, March 10, 2013

It just ended


The last few chapters of this book were so suspenseful and so much happened, and then it just ended. When Amir realized it was Assef my heart dropped. This crazy narcissistic kid turned out worse than I could ever imagine. Assef said he never forgot a face, but how could he not see Hassan’s face in Sohrab. Assef should have remembered Hassan more because he was probably one of the first people that Assef really hurt. The slingshot should have definitely been another cue to Assef, but he got what he deserved.

There was so much hope and happiness starting in Sohrab’s life I really thought everything was going to work out for him. Amir came and it finally seemed like no one would ever leave Sohrab again. It disappointed me so much that the book just ended with Amir running the kite. Yes it was full circle, and it was supposed to be a great thing of redemption, but it really wasn’t. There was still a sad little boy without a true father, stuck in the world pretty much alone because his heart had been broken so many times.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way when the book ended! I wanted to know if Sohrab would ever be happy again and I wanted to hear that everything was going to turn out for the best and that there would be love and rainbows and happiness...but it didn't happen! I felt horrible for Sohrab. He's so little and innocent. Nothing bad should ever have happened to him, and he went through the worst things in the world. I got the impression that (and maybe this was because I read this book a while ago) that Assef knew that Sohrab was Hassan's son! Maybe that's just me or I'm imagining things. anyway Assef a jerk and I hate him. Yeah that's about all...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.