I don't know why everyone else is complaining about the ending of this book. Of course bad things happened, people were hurt, and killed. But in many ways, this book turned out the best it could in this situation. Amir has redeemed himself, and Sohrab is finally safe. He has protected Hassan's son, his nephew, IT WORKED OUT. Of course Sohrab had been broken and abused, but now he can heal, in a good home.
Personally I was shocked when they found Sohrab in the bathtub, and quite honestly I was a little scared. For someone of his age to feel so much pain, is just so horrible. I wasn't sure if he was going to make it out ok, but thankfully he did. If only he could have heard the conversation about them being able to take him to America, the entire crisis would not have occured. Regardless of all the bad, or upsetting things that have happened in the span of this book, it turned out well. Even with complications, the story ended up full circle, and everything is in it's place, so stop complaining. I personally loved the end of this book.
I wasn’t really angry that all those bad things happened I was just angry that the book stopped. There was no warning that the book was wrapping up. Yes he smiled, but he still didn’t say anything or play with the other kids. There were no real answers to any of the questions racing through my head. Will Sohrab ever be happy again? I think he will just because Amir is still being so supportive, but after all the twists and turns in this book I guess we’ll never know.
ReplyDelete