This section, although quite uneventful, managed to keep my interest. The section has many integral parts that set up Amir's task at hand: saving Hassan's only son's life. Amir's life is as pleasant as it could be minus the death of his father. He has a nice home, in-laws, and a wife. However, this moment is the perfect opportunity to repay Hassan for Amir's sins. He is at a high point in his life, and now he must delve into his past to make up for taking someone else's life. It is a perfect teaching lesson in that aspect. Because now we have a situation in which forgiveness can be granted, but it will cost a pretty penny.
I was clueless as to where the plot would go following Baba's death. But, Amirs meeting with his father's old business partner set up the rest of the story. I was shocked to find that Hassan and Amir were brothers the whole time but it made so much sense. Now I think that I might find some happiness or relief that Amir has found a way to make up for his mistakes as a child. I think Amir will eventually come to peace with himself and maybe take in Hassan's child as his own. I believe Amir's growth as a character makes this story a bildungsroman.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.