In the end, this was a good book. I enjoyed it the most out of the three book chats this year. I thought the ending was very realistic, which was good. I can't think of an alternative ending because I would have been furious if it was an impossible, total happily ever after story, like the book Iron House that I read last semester. I hate those it "magically" works out in the end books. This book masked its ending very well in balancing the hope that us as readers imagine in the characters' lives and the reality of the demons Amir and Sohrab face in the future. My prediction was right that they would take the boy back with them to America. I thought it was clever of Rahim Khan to fake that there was a Christian couple who could take Sohrab. It was kind of funny, because that was the realization for Amir that he had no other alternatives but to adopt the boy and be even with his guilt.
I'm glad I read this book since it really was a page turner. I do not recall any moment where it seemed to drag on. The read was very quick as well. This author is someone I will definitely look into for future reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.