Alright, sooooo I already finished this book on Wednesday. But don't Worry! I won't talk about anything that is to come!
Let's get down to business though....
On page 222, my life was changed! When I found out that Hassan and Amir were half brothers I literally got out of my seat, freaked out, walked back and forth down the band hallway and asked every person in the vicinity if they had read the book because I needed to vent to someone so badly. Seriously, I thought A Thousand Splendid Suns was unexpected, But this..THIS WAS INSANE!!But a good insane! I mean it explains so much though! I just really wish that Hassan and Amir would have known earlier, because it would have changed so much. Hassan and Amir could have been closer and maybe Amir would have treated him better.....but I guess we will never know how things could have been.
I was very confused by on thing in this novel, the dates that are printed at the beginning of some chapters....they don't all seem to make sense the first time through. I had to go back and look at them again to make sense of where we were in time.
One last thing....I really like Soraya. I think she and Amir are perfect for each other. And I think that Amir finds someone with a past that she is ashamed of is perfect because Amir has just the same shame in his past.
Well, until next time!
Gabi
This book is freaking amazing. Pretty much everything that you said I agree with especially when Amir found out that he was Hassan's half brother. This was insane and actually made me even angrier that Amir treated him like he did. If he had known this before, I think that he would have saved Hassan from being raped, and stopped the entire thing or at least tried. I also agree that Soraya is a perfect match for Amir. She is everything that he wants and then some which is just what Amir needs.
ReplyDeleteI am also very much enjoying this book! Unlike you, however, I had very little reaction when finding out Amir and Hassan were brothers. While you flipped out, I sat there, blinked, and kept reading. If I have one talent, it is picking up on very early foreshadowing. :) Much like you, I am finding the dates printed in the book to be confusing (just give us his age!). I also believe that Soraya and Amir are perfect for each other. The parallels between the two match, and therefore they just work for eachother. I think everyone in the universe has someone out there for them, and Sonraya is Amir's.
ReplyDelete