Sunday, March 3, 2013

I like this book a lot more



Amir is finally able to make good decisions in his life, and is turning into a good person. He realizes that he is able to make his father proud without hurting others. I think Amir and Soraya are perfect for each other because they both have troubled pasts, but I really would have liked Amir to open up about his past once Soraya did.

The one thing I don’t like about this book is the weird time frame. Every time a new year comes up I get very confused on when things are happening. If it would use Amir’s age every time instead of years it would be much less confusing.

I know this book is supposed to be about Amir and his redemption but I feel so bad for Sohrab even though he is such a minor character right now. Every time someone he loves comes into his life they die or leave him behind; first his grandma, then Rhahim Khan, then both of his parents. I hope that when Amir finds him he will truly stay in his life and hopefully bring him back to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.