Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reality.

This book was the biggest emotional rollercoaster. I have never experienced so much sadness while reading a book. I was hoping for a happy ending. But that's the problem with humans; we only want happy. We want a perfect world where nothing bad happens. This unfortunately is very astray from the truth of the world. Hosseini displays reality like a stab in the back through the Kite Runner. I was absolutely heart-broken when Sohrab was found bleeding in an attempt to kill himself. How cruel is the world that makes a child want to kill them-self? This should not be happening. And the sad part is this is what actually is happening in the world. We are so privileged to live in America where our biggest problem in life is to get this blog post by midnight. We can't even imagine the strife the majority of the world's children are going through. I am extremely saddened by the turn-out of the end of this book. However, I think it brings light to a serious problem within the world.

1 comment:

  1. Zanira, I love the way you are wording your perspective on this. When I read about Sohrab trying to kill himself I was honestly disgusted. Like you said this happens all over the world. And of course I am aware of the quantity of incidents like this, but what is so difficult to realize is the true depth of these incidents. This book gives us the past and present, it shows what Hosseini's entire life is (and his family's life before him). When we can see things from this omnicsient view, we can truly realize how horrible incidents like this, along with many other issues that arise in this book, really are. I am very grateful for my life, but this book has allowed me to become even more grateful. (p.s. remembering to make a post at midnight slipped my mind, but I had a dream I forgot to make a comment, and here I am 4 in the morning, making a blog post) #mylife

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.