Sunday, March 10, 2013

Disappointed


Overall this book was very good, and very well written. It did not end as I had expected, but I cannot change that can I? With all of the violence and sadness that was going on throughout the entire novel, I figured that it would end with something tragic that would break most readers hearts, but instead Hosseini gives us in a sense, a happily ever after ending that I was not ready for.

Even though the novel did end as planned I think that Amir finally found the person that he was supposed to be. He found repentance of not standing up for Hassan by getting the crap beat out of him by Assef. Amir was laughing during the entire brawl because he knew this is what he deserved all along and was finally receiving his punishment.

The best part of this section of the novel was getting Sohrab back. I had a good feeling that Amir would eventually find him and believe that he made the right move of bringing him back to America with him for adoption. Sohrab has lived a rough live, so far and Amir knows what he is going through. He knows that it takes time to heal the past, but eventually you get through it

1 comment:

  1. Brandon, I also found it intriguing that Amir actually had to get the crap beat out of him just to realize its what he needed all along. It's what he deserved and he was relieved to say the least. I did think that Assef was a plot twister. I didn't really see him being apart of the Taliban. I imagined he would have came back in the story eventually, but not like that. I'm glad, the ending wasn't any happier than it was. This kid has been through Hell and back and everyone's mad that it wasn't a happier ending.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.