Sunday, March 3, 2013

Este Libro es Muy Bueno

If there is one thing I like in a book, it is to see the development of characters. Everyone changes throughout life. As the world rotates, people differ from their original personalities. In literature, this is always a crucial aspect, and it can clearly be seen throughout the life of Amir. He began being sort of cruel, but as more time passed, he began to redeem himself. As I read more and more I am gathering that the plot will only go on to full redemption, unless there is some crazy plot twist like Amir's father is still alive, or Soraya turns out to be a robot (which I highly doubt).

One thing that I suspect would surprise most people, but did not have a large impact on me, was the revelation that Hassan and Amir are half brothers. Now of course that is a major part of the book and everything, but I still kind of saw it coming. I did not make a prediction set in stone that this would be revealed, but I had my suspicions since the beginning.

Anyway, I am really enjoying the development of this plot and I must say I am excited to see how it concludes. Hopefully with no robots or parents back from the dead.

(p.s. I am loving Hosseini's writing style, I am just able to picture everything clearly in my mind, something that I find very important in a book)

3 comments:

  1. Teddy, I agree with you very strongly that an author has to have a strong writing style, which Hosseini definitely does. He's kind of like a "smooth talker" and you can picture everything (good and bad), with his swift way with words. Those kind of authors entrap me and leave me to read an entire book in a weekend. Unlike you, I did not expect Amor and Hassan to be half brothers. Those kind of things go over my head and plus I didn't expect anything because Baba was so "respected". I wouldn't have thought of something like that. All I know is this book better have an awesome ending.
    -Macaroon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marisa in that I did not see Amir and Hassan's brotherhood at all. It also really surprised me that Hassan's mother just showed up in his life. As much as Amir changed throughout the book I think Baba really did too. He finally accepted Amir by the end and was somewhat proud of his son becoming a writer. As much as Baba didn't want Amir to disappoint him he let him make his own decisions, and at the same time Amir was no longer as worried about what Baba thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teddy, I also saw it coming. They way that Hosseini described Hassan being more courageous than Amir kind of hinted to me that some how Hassan was Baba's son. I actually started to think that Hassan is Baba's son Amir wasn't...Anyway, the writing style is so different and very intriguing. Hosseini has me entranced with every thought of Amir's. I also thought is was interesting how the perspective of the book changed to Rahim Khan's for a bit. And who knows maybe they all are actually robots?...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.